There are a number of questions being asked by aspirants, and many questions are also floating on several social forum, while aspirants are making their decision to pay their first installment fee. I thought to write this blog so that their confusions are clarified and the questions in the discussion forums are answered.
Clarification related to Pre-Induction Fee:
- When a candidate pays the first installment fee, he/she confirms accepting the provisional admission given to him/her, only after completing the formalities as mentioned in the offer letter.
- The first installment fee includes the pre-induction fee. When a student pays his/her first installment fee, to one of the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International University, and then get admission in another constituent institute of Symbiosis International University Institute due to the changes in waiting list, and hence wishes to cancel his/her admission in the former institute to join the latter institute, then the Pre induction fee will be transferred from the former to the latter. This will ensure that he/she pays the Pre Induction fee only once.
Clarification related to academic Fee:
- When a student pays his/her first installment fee to one of the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International University, and then get admission in another constituent institute of Symbiosis International University Institute due to the changes in waiting list, and hence wishes to cancel his/her admission in the former institute to join the latter institute, before the commencement of the course, then fee paid in the former institute will be transferred to the latter. If the latter institute has a higher first installment fee then the candidate has to pay the balance to the latter.
Clarification related to choosing of electives at SCIT
- Electives offered at SCIT are in the areas of Systems, Software Solutions, IT Infrastructure and Information Security. After joining SCIT all students will be given information about each one of these elective areas. Students will have a face to face discussion with the faculty members, Industry experts and SCIT Alumni who will advise and counsel the students and share with them the prospects, challenges and opportunities in each these areas. After all doubts of students are addressed, they will be asked to choose their elective subjects. Students can choose subjects from of their preference. Ex: one might choose all the subjects from IT Infrastructure, while the other might choose a blend of software solutions and Systems and some other might opt for other combinations. The elective subjects will be offered by the institute to the students provided a minimum of 20 students opt that subject.
Clarification related to placements
- SCIT is not a placement agency. We certainly help and support the placement process. We give specific number of chances to a student for facing the interview. This year, ie. for the 2012-2014 batch we are giving 5 chances to each student. Chances in some companies are not counted, just to encourage the students so that they do not have the fear of the 5 chances. This is the reason if you visit the site http://www.scit.edu/placements.php#placement-stats you will find that, some students have got even 15 chances, but yet, luck did not favor them! As on 28th Feb 2014 we have 41 companies on campus and we hope that all students will grab the opportunity to get placed by end of March 2014 or the early fortnight of April 2014.
If you have specific questions feel free to ask them by visiting http://admissions.scit.edu
Dr R Raman
Director- SCIT and Dean – Focs- SIU