Joy of saving some one!
Joy of giving is something that will make you happy but giving someone a life will make you proud. Donating just one pint of your blood can save five lives every three month, this blog I want to dedicate to those who donate to keep others alive.
There are some wrong misconceptions about blood donation such as-
- Blood quality gets affected.
- It makes blood donator weak.
These are only myths. After donation within 24-48 hours water replaces the plasma. And red blood cells and iron is restored within six to nine weeks.
Blood is used for–
- Heart surgery, liver transplant and other surgeries.
- Blood cancer patients need blood on regular basis.
- Accident patients.
- Thalassemia and Leukaemia are the hazardous deceases; these patients need blood almost on weekly basis.
- C-section patients. C section patient refers to a caesarean delivery.
- Anyone above 18 years.
- Fit and healthy without any deceases.
- Male above 65 kg and female above 50 kg.
- Pregnant woman or woman who has had baby in last six months.
- HIV and Hepatitis positive patients.
- Person currently taking antibiotics and or just finished with the course.
- A person who has done skin piercing in last 14 months.
SCITians we have blood donation camp on coming 31 july . See you there !!!