Stress relief from laughter? It’s no joke

“Your sense of humor is one of the most powerful tools you have to make certain that your daily mood and emotional state support good health.” Nice line but I have no idea who has written this, I copied from internet. “Happiness is my religion and Humor is my god” this line is copied from my mind to this blog. I love humor and I am owner of many Facebook online humor magazines with over million people reach each day. If I combine all the reach of my facebook magazines its more than the total of “The Hindu” newspaper sold in one day ie 2 million plus. When I have started my blogs and facebook magazines 18 months back I decided to go with humor because its amazing when people laugh or smile and you are the reason somewhere behind those smiles. It humbles me when I think me and my team is the reason for 2 million smiles each day. Those smiles are more than blessings for us. Anyways I would like to share some of my experience that may help you in stress management and of course humor benefits.  Below information is a combination of my personal views and different internet sources, If things do not go well at your corner please do not blame me but Internet resource, thanks.

What are the health benefits of humor and laughter?

• Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
  • Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
  • Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
  • Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

Laughing with others is more powerful than laughing alone !!

Shared laughter is one of the most effective tools for keeping relationships fresh and exciting. All emotional sharing builds strong and lasting relationship bonds, but sharing laughter and play also adds joy, vitality, and resilience. And humor is a powerful and effective way to heal resentments, disagreements, and hurts. Laughter unites people during difficult times.

Incorporating more humor and play into your daily interactions can improve the quality of your love relationships— as well as your connections with co-workers, family members, and friends.

Chaitanya Sonkar

MBA-ITBM (2013-2015)