First Impressions: My First Month at SCIT

By Keerthana Sheeja

Venturing into a new academic journey can be exciting, with my first month at SCIT being no exception. From a whirlwind of orientations to ice-breaking sessions, a flurry of introductory lectures to campus tours, the initial weeks were indeed eventful.

My MBA at SCIT commenced with the induction ceremony, followed by an overview of the academic and extracurricular opportunities awaiting me. The standout feature was the friendly and supportive faculty and staff, along with the industry experts who conducted sessions on specialization. Later, I embarked on an exhilarating outdoor management program at Suryashibir, engaging in exciting team-building activities amidst the beauty of nature. This provided ample opportunities to meet new people and grow my network.

Touring the captivating main campus at Lavale was a visual feast, unveiling the serene backdrop of SIU. One of the highlights of my first month at SCIT would be the cultural showcase, Samarambh, where fresh incoming students presented their talents, creating a sense of community and celebration. Additionally, diving into the interviews and selections for SCIT’s committees and subcommittees sparked a journey to leadership roles, empowering me to be part of the institute’s dynamic spirit, firsthand.

Regarding academics, SCIT’s rigorous and elaborate curriculum has already begun to challenge and broaden my horizons. It balances theoretical and practical applications, tailored to prepare us for the professional world. Engaging in case studies, team projects, and presentations not only enriched my understanding of Information Technology but also pushed me to work collaboratively. Beyond academics, the campus life at SCIT captivated me with its wide array of activities and recreational facilities.

To sum up, my first month at SCIT has been a transformative journey. The synergy of academic intensity, a lively campus, and a nurturing community sets a promising tone for what lies ahead for me.

Recent Post