First Day At SCIT

Published On: June 15, 2014Categories: Student's Blog0 Comments on First Day At SCIT

My first day at SCIT was a long awaited moment. The struggle to meet the client deadlines, late hours, busy weekends and the monotonous routine for past two years had spurred the desire to go back to the golden college days.

I entered the college campus, infused with enthusiasm and a little bit of nervousness. College campus was encompassed with rows of shady trees that gave it a placid outlook while the cold breeze added an exclusive charm to it. Although I was late by two days and missed the induction programme and the influential speech of our Director Dr R. Raman but thanks to my cohorts I was well aware of the contents of the Induction Programme. Everyone at the floor welcomed me and updated me with the insights of the college. All of us chatted for hours then after having super delicious food in mess, if you know what mess food tastes like, the day came to an end.

At the dawn awaited my actual first day. We had our Team Building exercises scheduled for the day. At 10 am the poolside was impregnated with legions of unfamiliar faces and everybody was looking at each other with gazing eyes. I was also quite spooked by so many new faces. But once the games started the weird tension eased up and the room was filled with joy and excitement. The college had planned for us many interesting interaction games like Human Housie and Follow your Captain, where we get to know about each other’s attributes. For few hours we behaved like adolescents and fought our way to win the competitions and strived hard to get five rupees perk chocolates as our rewards. At that point of time we were suffused with so much energy that even sweltering sun did not matter. After many other series of games and exercises and innumerable hours of fun we returned to our hostels, completely exhausted but elated. In this way the scary first day turned into one of the most memorable days of my life.