A graduation (preferably B.Tech.) followed by MBA, a dream that I had been seeing for so long, came into being a few days back. The dream was always the same, but the purpose kept on changing as I grew up. It all started with a desire to get a handsome package, which could fetch me a big bungalow and luxurious cars. When I was in the college and was placed with “considered to be” the best employer of my college, people said “your life is set, enjoy.” I did not stall myself as there was a bigger destination to be reached. I joined the company but ensured that my focus still lay somewhere outside the office – my dream to crack CAT. Saying this is easier than done. I had to work till late hours to meet the client deadlines. I even had to go to the office on weekends, which forced me to miss my weekend preparation classes too. But perhaps, that’s the first thing required out of a future manager – time management with a focused approach. Eventually, I started getting tired of the long working hours and my desire of doing an MBA got a new dimension added to it – the desire to get back to the golden college days.

And then came SCIT! So when I first reached Pune, after literally getting looted by the coolie (since I had a lot of luggage) and the taxi wala who claimed Hinjewadi to be like the north pole from equator, I reached SCIT campus. Let me highlight a fact here… Most of the college’s show their infra pics and when you visit the college in person, it just does not look the same! Here @Symbiosis, I realized that – “what you see is what you get”. So with a glee on my face I entered the campus. Most of my batchmates had already arrived. So I went to give a round of introduction to them (which I was shy to do so). Mustering up some courage, I went to the people sitting opposite of Café and gave my intro. To my surprise (literally) all of them were very warm and cordial which gave a sense of joy and an assurance that I am at the right place with right set of people. I made friend’s very quickly (guys’ generally bond quickly because of their same wavelength). There are somethings which can be felt but cannot be expressed in words. I am going through the same right now. A feeling of accomplishment of finally being in a reputed B-school and a sense of pride for my family still rests in my heart.

The beginning was good and so do I hope for the end to be great.

‘Have faith in your journey. Everything had to happen exactly as it did to get you where you’re going next’

Cheers!

1523 Total Views 0 Views Today