The comfort of blaming

Ever since we were kids, blaming was the first thing we did. Pointing fingers, this remained the same, only the finger changed. Isn’t it really easy to blame. Just put it on someone and let the other person waddle out of the situation by himself.

Untitled

Once I blamed mom for something trivial and she took the blame. Dad knew that whatever was done, it was me. “Why admit to a mistake, when you can successfully blame someone”, thanks to this repartee I was spared.

Whatever happens, we look around to blame it on someone. When something can’t be blamed on someone, within seconds we blame God. Blaming gives us a certain level of comfort. Something off our conscience, something no longer a problem, nothing to think, a problem shifted in a second.

Blame the government, blame your parents, blame your friend, blame your enemy, but don’t look on the inside.

“Our eyes are directed outside to look out and the brain is in there to look in more often than it looks out.”

Karmic laws can only explain so much around us, rest happens unexplained. Laws of nature can’t explain it, neither can science nor can religion. But still we choose someone to blame. Without knowing the facts we simply blame on either one of the above mentioned. Things need not be explained. Sometimes in life, things happen with reasons beyond a normal explanation. Something that may be harder to accept and blaming will be the easier thing to do.

Can we have one rule on blaming? I guess not, as sometimes it works as a source of relieving. What could I have possibly done, it was all his/her doing. The first part is one of helplessness. One of the worst feelings I have known. The second is the blame, the stress reliever. My stress is no longer an issue, it becomes about his/her incompetency or mistakes. And I am happy.

In the end that is what matters having a stress free life.

Sudeeksha Verma

(MBA-ITBM 2013-15)